Please note that this information is subject to change. Please check the course atlas and the for the latest information.
Fall 2017 courses that spend more than half of the semester on climate-related topics
- ENVS 324: Environmental Economics - This course introduces the fields of environmental and ecological economics. Our focus is on how economic thinking can be used to interpret and inform environmental policy and management of pollution, climate change, fisheries, forestry, water, biodiversity, and food production.
- ENVS 326-1/ENG 380-1: Climate Change and Society - This course draws upon the Conference of the Parties (COP) to the United Nations Framework on Climate Change (UNFCCC) as a way to explain issues related to the science, policy, and business of climate change from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- EH 582: Global Climate Change: Health Impacts and Responses - This course will explore the public health effects of global climate change, epidemiologic and other methods for understanding and studying these effects, the public health adaptation response, and health impacts of potential mitigation efforts and activities. The public health response will be discussed with particular focus on global health issues. The course will emphasize a practical approach to vulnerability and risk assessment, and students will develop skills assessing the risks of particular climate-related health impacts.
- LAW 628B: Law, Sustainability and Development - This course examines the role of law and the legal system in economic and social development, with a focus on developing countries and emerging markets. The course will seek to challenge conventional approaches to law and development and enhance the appreciation of the point of view of developing countries and marginalized communities regarding development.
Other Fall 2017 courses that cover climate change and climate-related topics
- ANT 386 Special Topics: Anthropology- Sustainable Food Fair
- ENVS 222 Evolution of the Earth with Lab
- ENVS 130 Environmental Sciences
- IDS 385 Special Topics- Urban Food Security
- ENVS 390R Seminar on Environmental Issues
- ENVS 320 Environmental Assesment/Management
- ENVS 459 Urban Ecology & Development
- EH 584 Built Environment and Public Health
- EH 550 Environmental and Occupational Health Policy
- EH 543 Sustainability